I know this may sound bizarre; that a student actually dislikes school holidays, but really it is true. For the last two years or so I have had a massive love/hate relationship with these breaks- and heres why.
1. If you have any chance of keeping yourself entertained where I live, its going to cost you quite a bit of money, especially over the winter months. Bus fare for a day here is £2, cinema tickets £7, and don’t even get me started on taxi fares if you actually want to go on a night out.
2. My sleeping pattern goes to absolute havoc no matter how much I try to avoid this happening. Somehow I’ll end up having a late night, which will lead to me getting up late, and then this pattern will carry on. I absolutely hate getting up late because it leaves me feeling so unmotivated for the rest of the day.
3. As a student I am used to having constant tasks on my to do list, eg read this book or finish this sheet. What happens if you take all the tasks away from me? Well, I just don’t know what to organise my life around anymore.
4. Annoyingly it always seems that during holidays, all of my pals will be busy on different days so it becomes really difficult to meet up. (This leads to my only entertainment being books and Jeremy Kyle, in these past two days alone I have completed two books and watched unthinkable amounts of Jeremy Kyle).
5. I get to the point that if I’m not going out that day, I genuinely ponder to myself is it even worth getting dressed? Without getting ready for the day I am left in the mindset that this is a day of relaxation, which leads to me not even looking at my bulging school bag and all the revision I should be doing.
6. Boredom leads to constant social media checking; and I promise you if you are checking twitter/ facebook/ emails every five minutes or so… not a lot will change. Even though I know this; I seem to keep checking anyway.
At this very moment I am 3 days into a week long holiday; and I am already going stir crazy. I dread to think what I’m going to be like over the six week summer holidays; I think it’s essential that I either get a summer job or a lot of new hobbies! Its quite possible that I have used blogging as a way to procrastinate away from my Biology revision… So I probably should plod on with it. I would love to hear if anyone else feels this way about school holidays, or am I alone with this opinion? Thanks for reading and bye for now 🙂 xxx